Date: Aug 01, 2007 --
Sioux Falls, SD - Raven Industries (NASDAQ: RAVN) today announced a new touch screen based field computer – the Viper Pro. This system builds off of the highly successful Raven Viper by adding a faster processor, more memory, and added features. New options added to the Viper Pro include: real time weather information collected by sensors mounted on the machine, wireless connectivity to allow for internet access - file transfer - text messaging - vehicle location maps, and N-Tech GreenSeeker variable rate control. Another new feature is Raven 3-D Last Pass guidance. The 3-D Last Pass guidance program was initial introduced to the ag market in the Raven Envizio and Envizio Plus system. Adding this feature allows the Viper Pro to be used with a Raven SmarTrax or QuickTrax assisted steering system.
The Raven Viper Pro carries a list price of $4945.00 and will be available August 15th, 2007
- 10.4” color LCD touch screen
- 800 Mhz Intel processor
- Windows XP operating system
- 256 Meg Ram / 2 gig internal storage
- Five product flow control – liquid, granular, NH3, planter, injection
- Multi-product variable rate option – control up to five products using prescription maps
- Raven 3-D Last Pass guidance
- Last Pass pattern, the ultimate in contour guidance
- Use with SmarTrax, SmarTrax DM or QuickTrax assisted steering
- AccuBoom – automatic boom section control
- Autoboom Glide series – automatic boom height control
- View coverage maps
- 3 USB ports for data transfer or optional applications, USB thumb drive compatible
- Ethernet connection for future wireless communication
Please call your Raven Territory Sales Representative, Raven Precision Ag Specialist, or our office at 1-800-243-5435 if you have any questions on the Viper Pro.
Celebrating 50 years of business innovation, Raven Industries was founded in Sioux Falls, SD in 1956, as a manufacturer of high-altitude research balloons for NASA and the American space program. From a single product line, they have evolved into a successful, diversified manufacturer publicly traded on NASDAQ (RAVN). Raven Industries’ Flow Controls Division has provided precision solutions to the agriculture market for more than 25 years. From flow controls to high accuracy GPS and steering systems, Raven leads the way in integrating technology for today’s agricultural market.