SIOUX FALLS, S.D., July 26, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Raven Industries (Nasdaq:RAVN) Applied Technology Division hosted their tenth Innovation Summit July 24-26 to showcase their new advances in precision agriculture technology to over 220 of their dealers from across the world and area farmers. The event took place at the Raven Innovation Campus located near Baltic, SD where Raven finished construction on a 7,150 sq. ft. addition to their already 7,800 sq. ft. training and research facility originally constructed in 2004 as the first research center dedicated solely to precision agriculture.
A few of the new advances in precision ag technology released at the Innovation Summit:
- The release of SmarTrax 6™, an innovative advancement in auto-steering technology featuring new 3D terrain compensation, quicker calibration, and best-in-class performance on line. Plus more than 50 new kits, which represent support for over 300 new tractor and machine models.
- The release of an ISOBUS compatible version of the Sidekick Pro™ direct injection system.
- An E-Commerce site for Slingshot® allows users to more easily subscribe to Slingshot services.
- Enhancements to Raven’s existing product line up including Envizio Pro II™, Viper Pro™, Cruizer II™, OmniRow® and OmniSeed™ advanced planter and seeder control systems.
- New interactive Raven Product Guide apps supported on iPad and Android tablet platforms make it simple for users to discover how Raven products can help them work smarter, reduce input costs and farm more efficiently.